If your teeth are not as bright and white as they used to be, you are not alone. Teeth whitening is the most commonly requested cosmetic dental service. Dr. Lynh Pham and our team are happy to provide teeth whitening in Mesquite, Texas, for those who want to brighten their pearly whites.
When considering whitening your teeth, you may wonder:
Why Did My Teeth Change Color?
The brightness of teeth can fade over time for several reasons, including:
– Food and beverages – Beverages like tea, red wine, and coffee can stain the teeth. In general, foods and drinks with an intense color can stain the teeth.
– Tobacco products – Tar and nicotine, which are both found in tobacco, can create stains on the teeth.
– Age – Beneath the outer layer of the tooth (enamel) is a soft, yellowish area called dentin. Over time, the tooth enamel becomes thinner and more of the dentin shows through.
– Injury – If you have an injury to the mouth, a tooth may change color. This is because teeth react to injury by laying down more dentin, the yellowish layer under the enamel.
– Medications – Certain medications (like antihistamines, antipsychotics, and high blood pressure medicines) can cause tooth darkening. Chemotherapy can also darken the teeth.
At Smiley Dental Mesquite, we offer both in-office and take-home whitening to meet the needs and desires of our patients. We welcome you to contact us today to learn more and to schedule a consultation. Our dentist and team are thrilled to serve you and your smile.